Child Safe Squash
Child Safe Squash Framework
Squash NSW is committed to providing a sport that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all children, and the ongoing protection of children from all forms of harm. We want squash to be a place where children and young people have fun, develop positive relationships and are safe.
We strive to:
- Provide a safe environment for everyone to play and be involved in the game of squash in NSW;
- Create an environment and culture that encourages inclusiveness and diversity where everyone feels respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential;
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people;
- Foster a culture where everyone involved in squash in NSW understands the standards expected of them and their role in protecting children and young people.
We take the role of education and informing everyone involved in Squash NSW of their responsibilities and obligations to:
- Create a child safe culture;
- Protect children and young people from child abuse, grooming, and other forms of harm (emotional, psychological, and physical harm);
- Promote and foster a child safe culture that is understood and put into action by everyone involved in squash;
- Promote and foster an environment that encourages inclusiveness and diversity and is free from discrimination.
Everyone in the Squash NSW community has a role to play to creating a culture that allows that to happen, from our sport’s administrators, directors, coaches, parents, officials, clubs and centre operators.
The Child Safe Framework has been developed to meet the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations as recommended by the Royal Commission into Child Sex Abuse. The National Principles The Standards will come into effect in July 2020. All organisation will need to adhere to The Standards legislation.
We recommend that all clubs and facilities adopt the Squash NSW Child Safe Squash Framework, or develop your own policies to ensure you are compliant.
To further assist affiliated clubs and centres, in 2020 we will make available the Child Safe Portal. The portal will provide your club or centre with the tools and resources to manage your Child Protection obligations. The system will allow for you to have WWCC information stored for reference and give you the ability to track if your members or staff are compliant with any required training.
Squash NSW Child Safe Squash Framework and Policies & National Principles The Standards: