NSW Squash Ltd is responsible for the:
- Promotion and development of Squash at all levels and for all ages.
- To promote participation in the sport.
- Promote and administer competitions in NSW.
- Provide administration of Squash in NSW.
- Develop a centre of excellence in developing elite junior and senior players.
NSW Squash represents member squash clubs, centres and players. There are approximately between 160-200 Squash facilities around New South Wales and approximately 2800 registers players.
NSW Squash affiliation membership for centres, clubs and registered players is gained through payment of annual subscription fees.
- NSW has produced many national and world ranked players, including; Sports Legend Heather McKay AM MBE, undefeated in her squash career over 20 years; twice World Open, 4 times British Open Champion David Palmer OAM; multiple World Women’s Champion Michelle Martin, British Open Champion Anthony Ricketts, Ken Hiscoe. Barbara Wall, Sue King, Peter Nance and Carin Clonda.
- Approximate number of people (in organised and non organised games) playing squash in NSW is 200,000.
- America’s Forbes magazine in both 2003 and 2007 wrote that Squash is the Healthiest Sport, after 2 surveys’s conducted by them comparing 10 popular sports in the US.